FORESEE VLP U-DIMM is developed and verified for interoperability with many systems. Good for large-scale computing, virtualization, cloud computing and others.
Devices must contend with environmental problems such as high/low voltage, mechanical stress, electromagnetic interference, severe impact, vibration, and significant temperature changes in order to fulfil the high demands of industrial-grade application scenarios, FORESEE industrial storage products enable devices to operate reliably in harsh settings.
The memory module found in most systems nowadays is known as the DIMM (Dual In-line Memory Module). There are various varieties of DIMMs, but we will only cover the most prevalent in this article: the VLP U-DIMM.
U-DIMM is a networking and server memory module that enables design in the smallest routers, switches, and bridges. The modules have 30" Gold Fingers and contain single bit error correction. All come in 4GB, 8GB, 16GB and 32GB capacities. Modules with capacities of 2133MT/s, 2400MT/s, 2666MT/s, 2933MT/s, and 3200MT/s are available.
The JEDEC-compliant VLP U-DIMM (Very Low Profile Unbuffered DIMM) has a height of 0.738 inches, which makes it perfect for systems with limited space such as embedded systems and small-sized industrial computers. By using VLP U-DIMMs, you may enhance heat dissipation, conserve energy, save costs for your business, and increase system stability in addition to avoiding mechanical problems.
A memory module known as VLP U-DIMM features a very low-profile design and is completely compatible with 1U server applications and other compact gadgets. The modules are available in 2GB, 4GB, and 8GB capacities and have data transfer speeds of 1066MT/s, 1333MT/s, 1600MT/s, and 1866MT/s. They also adhere to all pertinent JEDEC standards.
In a wide range of telecom, networking, and media applications using one or two DIMM sockets per CPU, VLP U-DIMMs (unbuffered DIMMs) are employed. The registered DIMMs connected to higher memory bus loads are not required.
In VLP U-DIMM, memory commands are delivered from the system's memory controller to the module's register before being sent to the memory module. VLP U-DIMMs are integrated circuit boards that use a 64-bit data channel to send data from DRAM chips to the CPU.
For usage in 1U systems, such as blade server data centers, where system height is less than 1.18 inches, VLP modules are designed specifically. These modules' layout enhances internal ventilation and lessens thermal effect.
VLP U-DIMMs have a wide range of applications in the hardware business and industries.
Here is a list of VLP U-DIMM-compatible devices:
· Printers (high-end office ones)
· Hardware for networking (routers and NAS devices)
· Smart devices
· Industrial black box
· Financial payment
· Cloud terminal
· Security monitoring
· Commercial display device
· Smart cam
· Communication based stations
· Multi-media central control
· Medical instrument
· Streaming rear-view mirror
· Up to 19.2GB/s of high-speed transfer bandwidth is possible.
· 1.2V low voltage results in lower power usage
· Memory module of the highest calibre that has been rigorously verified for compatibility, stability, and durability
· 30 microinch Fingers plated with gold (optional)
· operating temperatures between -40°C and 85°C
· Version with Wide Temperature is available upon request.
· (-40°C to +85°C) Industrial Temperature
· Conformal Coating With Anti-Sulfur Resistant Underfill
· DDR3 VLP U-DIMM Module Technology
· Temperature range in Celsius: 0 to 70
· Component Configuration:
Width: 1Gb, x64
· 1.35V Voltage 240-Pin Count
VLP U-DIMM Advantages
· VLP U-DIMMs support RAM chips with greater clock rates to boost data transmission rate.
· DIMMs were also updated from 72-pin SIMMs to 168-pin connections.
· Processors accept data widths of 64 bits, hence DIMMs are appropriate.
· Data transport speeds in SIMM are four times slower.
· As clock speeds rise, heat is produced. DIMMs, on the other hand, employ cooling fins to direct hot air away from the motherboard.
· It just improves the SIMM, which can hold 32 bits of data. In other words, the performance of two SIMMs is comparable to the performance of a single DIMM.
· The key advantage of using this arrangement is that it minimises the electrical burden on the memory controller of the system.
· It does not have to directly access memory modules and must perform fewer target locations. This lessens the load on the memory controller.
· Because there are fewer target locations for the controller to reach, the system may support more memory modules or stay stable, allowing it to easily accommodate enormous quantities of memory.
· Perfect for servers, which demand a large amount of memory that must be stable. As a result, the vast majority of server RAM has already been recorded.
Compatibility in performance
Developed and verified for interoperability with a variety of server systems. Ideal for large-scale computing, virtualization, cloud computing, big data, and other applications.
ECC error detection and repair is supported by high-quality IC. Strictly audited DRAM chips with premium 10-layer PCBs. Each integrated circuit is extensively examined using v-auto color's sorting equipment.
Load apps quickly and operate demanding processes without latency. VLP U-DIMM 2400 MT/s modules are more than 30% quicker than DDR3 modules.
VLP U-DIMM requires 20% less voltage than normal memory, operating at 1.2V instead of 1.5V. Other efficiency measures in the module allow for an overall power savings of up to 40%.
The VLP U-DIMM boosts memory bandwidth by more than 30%, allowing your system to handle more data at once.
Although FORESEE was late to the game with our memory product line, we have gotten more bold along our technological innovation path as a result of our 20+ years of technical experience in the storage sector and our drive to offer high-quality storage solutions. FORESEE places a high value on intellectual property protection while retaining a tight grasp on independent innovation.
FORESEE industrial-grade memory products enable secure, dependable, and long-lasting solutions for the most demanding application sectors. Our products, developed with superior hardware and materials at the Longsys Storage R&D Base, are distinguished by their stability and durability in a range of severe situations.
This year, the FORESEE memory product line will continue to improve and provide both VLP U-DIMM product specifications and technical services in order to assist industry clients and end users in investing in VLP U-DIMM in future application scenarios, adding some flare to the storage ecosystem.
Previous Longsys Completes the IPO Procedures and Lands on ChiNext Board of SZSE 2022.08.05
Next Longsys SSD – A New Era of Storage 2022.08.19