With the prevalence of smart products (smartphones, pads, etc.) and the booming of the IoV and IoT, data generated worldwide is to reach about 45 ZB by 2020. Demand for data storage among individuals, enterprises and governments is growing exponentially.
The data storage market in 2017 is expected to reach $85 billion, and will be a $100 billion industry by 2020. There are two forces driving the growth. On one hand, the prevalence of consumer smart products and the increasing demand for entertainment applications such as games and videos. On the other, ever increasing SSD shipments with data centers and enterprise servers becoming the largest consumers for NAND Flash memory.
To meet today’s demand for high storage performance, storage products are seeking to advance technologies through constant innovations. Three main trends are noted in NAND Flash market. Firstly, NAND Flash is shifting to 3D from 2D to reduce costs and improve efficiency. Secondly, eMMC is gradually being replaced by UFS (Universal Flash memory) to keep up with the rapid evolvement of smart phones. Thirdly, most SSDs today are based on the Serial ATA (SATA) interface format, however, PCIe SSDs can result in significant improvement in performance.
Diversified smart applications have not only changed people’s lives, but also opened up a new world for the storage market.
During Computex Taipei (May 30 to June 3, 2017), Longsys will throw a product show at Room 2405, Grand Hyatt Hotel. We are looking forward your wisdoms on how to improve the storage products to meet various demands. Longsys’ new storage products to be released are:
1) P900 Series NVMe PCIe SSD: 28nm PCIe 3.0×2 controller, 64-layer 3D TLC NAND Flash, supports M.2 and BGA Form Factor, high cost-effectiveness for the Client SSD market.
2) Firmware designed by Longsys: Foresee® eMMC, eMCP and UFS, for smartphones, pads, smart set-top boxes and smart wearable devices.
3) Innovative USB products: dual-interface U disk integrate Type-C or lightning interface, can expand the capacity for Android system devices that support OTG; Longsys finger print U disk integrated biometric fingerprint ID technology using AES 256.
4) Half SD based on the UHS-II specification: high write speed for 4K, 8K and 3D video recording, perfectly fit the SD slot of Surface Book.
5) IoT wireless SIP LTP1218: mainly used in smart home such as appliances and lights, environmental and safety testing, industrial and automation control, and health care, etc.
We are looking forward your attendance. Please schedule your appointment in advance.